Wednesday, November 16, 2005

On the Rise

Today I was writing in a tea lounge, when it occured to me that people generally seem more friendly and patient around me these days.

Then I thought to myself, "Enlightenment is on the rise."

I continued thinking, "What if we really did have another period of Enlightenment. And many people were walking around, talking about positive, intelligent things, and coming up with new ideas? Then I wouldn't be better than everyone else. Then I would be jealous. It wouldn't be good at all."

Puts a smile on my face every time.

Why is that so funny to me? Because it's an absurd thought, that I wouldn't want other people to be happy, so that I could be happy just feeling superior to other people.

Of course I want everyone to feel equal. As long as I feel slightly better than everyone else.

That's the joke. That's so funny that its stoopid. Phat. All that.

Two muffins are in an oven. One muffin turns to the other muffin and says, "Is it hot in here, or is that just me?" Not an original joke... told to me by my favorite 13 year old client.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

View Erzsi Pongo's profile on LinkedIn